December 6 Update

Hello, the Charleswood Curling Club executive has continued to meet by teleconference every 2 weeks over the past couple of months.

At this time there are still provincial restrictions related to COVID put in place by the Province of Manitoba which continues to keep curling rinks closed. The current restrictions are in place until December 11 at which time (or sooner) the Province of Manitoba will provide an update on the direction they will be going as it relates to leaving in place, tightening or relaxing restrictions. If you have heard any news, our current new daily cases in Manitoba continues to be between 250 and 400 per day.

Once we hear the direction that the province decides to take we will make a decision on when curling can start again, or if we have to delay the restart a little longer. The ice is still in and would require a couple of days before we could get back out to curling.  Once a path forward is determined, we will communicate adjustments to schedule as some adjustments will need to be made to get the remainder of the season in. At this time we can still extend at the end of the season to still try to get a full season in.

Also, the Manitoba Curling Hall of Fame & Museum has a Most Notable Team fundraiser currently on and Jeff Stoughton has 2 teams nominated in the top 25. Attached is a poster for this fundraiser and you can follow this link to find out more.
One other update if you drive by the Club. The old yellow awning that was in terrible shape was removed this past weekend. We will at a later date determine what is to be done but will wait until we know what is going on with the season.

The Charleswood Curling Club website has also had some updates to it over the past couple weeks and the changes can be seen at

Thank you all for your patience through these uncertain times.
Ryan WizbickiPresidentCharleswood Curling ClubAttachments area

December 6 Update