February 15 Update

Hello, Charleswood Curling Club Curlers.    

 The Charleswood Curling Club (CCC) Executive has reviewed the recent Provincial update to extend restrictions that do not allow indoor sports facilities like our Club to operate in a way that would allow us to resume a curling season. 

After this announcement, and paired with some feedback from our curlers, your Executive has unfortunately decided it is time to shut down the club and ice plant for the remainder of this season.  We hope that by the start of next season we may be able to return to close to normal curling again. 

The Executive and Board would like to thank you for your patience through the last almost 12 months of COVID. As indicated at the beginning of the year, CCC will be reimbursing curlers to a maximum of 70% of ice fees for curling that was canceled.  We are working out the details and will communicate them to all leagues in the very near future. 

We are also working with CurlManitoba to secure charitable donation status through the National Sports Trust Fund if our members should choose to donate their refund to the CCC.   

As a reminder, there is still the 50/50 draw through CurlManitoba. The link can be found at https://www.fundingchange.ca/curlmanitoba.  The website is user friendly.  Simply select CCC as the ‘competitor to support’ from the dropdown list when you purchase tickets. 

Monthly draws are to be held for the next three months (January’s winner won 40% of the $17,575 pot).  A portion of the total profit will come back to CCC. 

Thank you again for your patience through these times and I look forward to seeing you next season. 

Ryan Wizbicki President Charleswood Curling Club

February 15 Update