January 28, Update

Hello Charleswood Curling Club members, the Charleswood Curling Club executive have continued to meet by teleconference, our last one being Friday, January 22 the day after the Province of Manitoba announced updates to current COVID restrictions. Nothing changed for Charleswood Curling Club. The Province will re-evaluate in  3 weeks. Please forward this on to your members.

What we decided at our meeting last Friday is that the next time the Province announces what the plan is going forward is, Charleswood Curling Club will either begin curling again for a shortened remainder of the season or will decide to shut down the ice plant for this season and start up again at the usual time next season, which would be unfortunate to lose the remainder of the current curling season.

In some other news, you may have seen the 50/50 the CurlManitoba is running, some of the proceeds can go to Charleswood Curling Club if you select that club when buying tickets. You can access this draw from our club website www.charleswoodcurlingclub.com

And one other piece of news is that there is an Ironman Curling Bonspiel to be held on February 12-14 at the Redboine Boat Club on Churchill Drive in Winnipeg. I have attached the notice and you can also go to www.ironmancurling.com for more details and to register.

As always if you have any questions you or your curlers can email charleswoodccrtp@gmail.com and one of the people that monitor it will respond. Thank you again all for your patience through these uncertain times. Ryan Wizbicki, PresidentCharleswood Curling Club,


January 28, Update